Here is where you can learn how to make envelopes for your
dolls to use in sending letters to their penpals, mailing checks or bills, or even just to keep important things in.
What you will need:
3 x 5" pad of paper
1. Take a sheet of paper off the pad and fold it in
Press the crease with your thumbs.
2. Using your scissors, cut along the crease.
3. Now you should have two smaller pieces of paper
to work with.
4. Fold the paper up lengthwise, but leave a section
at the top that is longer than the rest.
Crease the fold with your thumbs.
5. Fold over the small corners on the section of paper
that is taller than the rest.
6. Tape down the corners.
7. Tape the sides of the envelope closed so things
aren't able to fall out.
Use a small edge of the tape on the front of the
envelope and let the rest come over to the back.
This allows more room on the front for writing without the ink
landing on tape, which can smudge.
8. Fold over the top section to be the flap of the
envelope. When your dolls finish their letters they can either seal this with more tape, or with a pretty sticker.